Valentines Day Ideas 2019
5. Watch the sunset or sunrise: Find a hotel bar with a great view. Or take a trip up to the top of a skyscraper like the Willis Tower Skydeck. https://theskydeck.com/
6. Explore part of your city you’ve never been to: Large cities have restaurants and night clubs that are off the beaten path and frequently well worth the effort.
7. Book a Hotel room: Order room service. Need I say anymore?
8. Take a spa day: So nice in the middle of winter. Relax. Rejuvenate. Sometimes you could get a massage. Kick those endorphins in gear. Mmmmm ….
9. Watch a comedy show: Funny you should ask. Yes of course I do get out to see some live comics. Stand up is a great way to go. Laughter is great foreplay. Or so my wife tells me. I don’t always do a ‘stand up’ act. Because I’m more of a ‘Sit Down’ comedy act. I play the piano and sing silly songs. So let’s book a Valentine’s Day event where you are at this year.
10. Go karaoke: I see how much you enjoy singing along. If you’re not heading out to a really good piano bar for some sing along … or is you’re going to call me to come on over at another time … Karaoke is a great date night on Valentine’s Day. Singing gets the blood flowing and we all know that can lead to other great things flowing with a romantic date night.
11. Poetry reading: Have you guys heard of Poetry Slams? They’re taking off all ovoer the place. Look one up in your neighborhood. Writers get up on stage and read their material in front of a live audience. No Poetry Slam where you’re at? Curl up under a blanket and read some to each other. Don’t knock it if you haven’t tried it.
12. A burlesque show: These are cool too. Not a striptease per se. More like a vaudeville show celebrating beauty, movement and entertainment in a cabaret setting.
13.Rollerskating: This one of the first dates I ever went on in junior high school. Of course we were surrounded by 20 or 30 of our closest personal friends at the time. But still.
14.Ice-skating: No matter the weather … ice rinks are now so modernized, we don’t have to wait for the weather to be cooperating. On the other hand … have you ever been skating out on a frozen lake?
Just sayin’ …
15. Go to a basketball or hockey game: Living in Chicago we have two pro teams. But there are also some pro teams at the level below the NHL or the NBA. Womens basketball leagues and semi-pro teams are in abundance.
16. A theme dinner: Not like a costume party. But close. Themes can include ethnic fare you wouldn’t normally try. Besides guys, we can never go wrong if you’re the one who likes to provide for your partner. It can trigger deep rooted primal patterns in our lovers that pay off when the time is right.
17. A night at the museum: There are so many variations on what used to be the archaic museums we grew up on. Interactive museums can be so much more exciting. For example, Art Museums where you get to create some art. Music history museums that will allow you to set up some instruments and jam along.
18. Ghost tour: Maybe more of Halloween date. But … hey … a good idea is a good idea, right?
19. Chocolate tasting and Truffle making: Yummy, yummy, yummy get some love in your Tummy
20. Have a bonfire: I know it’s winter. But what about a walk out into the woods and I’m sure it’s colder than you’re used to. But a bonfire can be so spiritually connecting and invigorating. If not, try blazing the wild fandango out back. Or perhaps in one of the forest preserve shelters. I’m in Chicago USA. We have a ton of natural wildlife places to go – even in winter.
21. Or my personal favorite idea … Hire Me !!! Bring 20 other couples. We’ll have a blast! I go everywhere and everywhere I go we have fun. My pianos are portable or I can play your piano.
Let’s make this Valentine’s Day extra special. Live music & comedy always creates great memories that last well beyond the holiday.
So give me a call and let’s see what kind of fun we can create.